The Argyle International Airport Company (AIA) Inc. invites suitably qualified persons for the position of
Background: The AIA Inc. is seeking to recruit the services of an operations manager to lead a team of industry professionals in managing the daily operations of an international airport while ensuring that approved business, operational and aviation standards are always maintained. The AIA Inc. is charged with the responsibility of managing St. Vincent and the Grenadines’ first international airport at Argyle along with airports in Bequia, Canouan and Union Island.
Function: To implement the strategic and approved operational plans associated with the safe and secure operation of the AIA Inc.
Reports to: The Chief Executive Officer
Under general supervision, this position is responsible for:
- Managing and maintaining all airport facilities and operations to the required standards.
- Maintaining and enforcing ALL relevant regulatory, operational, security and other requirements for the operation of an International Airport.
- Working closely with Airport Rescue, Firefighting and Aviation Security.
- Interfacing with all aviation industry stakeholders, including operators and providers of goods and services and partner agencies in the public and private sectors.
Required Training & Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in an aviation related field, engineering or environmental management.
- An advanced degree in aviation, airport management, or engineering.
- Post graduate certification in management or business administration will be an asset.
- A minimum of seven (7) years’ experience in the airport operations.
- Proven knowledge of international aviation industry guidelines and standards.
- Knowledge and appreciation of the linkages between air transportation, tourism, environmental and socio-economic issues.
Remuneration: To be negotiated.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Chairman, AIA Inc. P O Box 2312, Kingstown, ST. VINCENT
or alternatively emailed to: email@example.com
Applications to be received no later than February 3rd, 2020